Protecting your privacy
Haigslea Residential Limited ACN 168 101 479 (‘HRL’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to providing our potential clients with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting their privacy.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the manner in which we handle information about individuals which personally identifies them (“personal information”) and how we respond to individual’s requests to access and correct it. This Statement sets out our information handling procedures.
HRL has a Code of Conduct which requires that employees must maintain the confidentiality of personal and business information entrusted to them at HRL. Failure of staff to do so can result in disciplinary action and potentially dismissal.
We only communicate personal information in terms of the contractual obligations you have entered in to with us under the Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent you have agreed to in providing your personal information.
The Assquire investment product and the Mortgage Alternative home buying product have been years in the making by a group of committed industry professionals, many of whom have worked on the project while holding senior roles in other organisations.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your full name, date of birth, age, current and previous addresses, residential status, telephone or mobile phone numbers, email address, details of your assets and liabilities and financial commitments, occupation, employer and employment status.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from our potential clients who have lodged an application form on either assquire.com.au or mortgagealternative.com.au to use either of the above products.
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone or email, after we have made contact with you in respect of the application form previously lodged.
- From third parties such as your representatives or legal advisers or your real estate agent or mortgage broker or your financial adviser when specifically authorised by you to contact them.
- From publicly available sources of information.
- From the organisations identified under ‘When we disclose your personal information”.
How we hold and secure personal information
Depending on the circumstances, we may hold personal information either in hard copy or electronic form, or both. Generally, a copy of all correspondence is held in electronic format.
We endeavour to implement information handling procedures which are aimed at preventing unauthorized access, modification or disclosure of personal information. We delete personal information where we consider it is no longer appropriate to retain it.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity.
- Assist HRL’s capability to assess whether you will qualify for our product by meeting the occupancy and serviceability criteria (in the case of the Mortgage Alternative product) or the maximum permitted security, serviceability and property requirements of becoming an Assquire investor (in the case of the Assquire investment product).
- Assess your capability to meet the contractual obligations of the Mortgage Alternative product or the Assquire investment product (as applicable to your application type).
- To administer our potential customer relationships and meet our Assquire licensing requirements to the IP owners.
- For internal purposes, such as analysis, risk management, product and service reviews, training, legal and accounting.
Your personal information is collected only for these purposes.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose information:
- To our associates (related bodies’ corporates, officers and agents).
- To our Assquire system licensors or sub-licensees
- To those engaged by us to provide services (for example professional advisers, real estate agencies, property management companies, mortgage brokers, mailing houses, providers of email marketing solutions to communicate efficiently with you, and other information technology contractors).
- For other purposes for which the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) recognizes we may disclose without your consent; and
- Where we consider reasonably appropriate in connection with uses of your personal information to which you have consented.
Where you provide personal information to us, you will do so on the basis that you consent to such disclosures.
Your personal information will not otherwise be provided or disclosed to any other party without your prior consent.
If at some future time when we receive your consent, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal or financial or mortgage broking advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so).
- Any real estate agency appointed by HRL Group for the ongoing management of your property during the Mortgage Alternative period up to buyer settlement
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies.
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- Organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in providing the Assquire or Mortgage Alternative products to you (but only when contracted to do so).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. You have a legal right to ensure that personal information held about you is accurate and up-to-date. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information.
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name, address or employer details.
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal information, please telephone us or email us:
- If you are an MA buyer: at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- If you are an Assquire investor: at email@example.com
for respective complaints handling – our contact details are at www.mortgagealternative.com.au and assquire.com.au (this website).
Alternatively, you have the right to raise any issues regarding our personal information handling practices with the Federal Privacy Commissioner, contact details for who are at www.privacy.gov.au.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. If you wish to do so, please contact via the contact details at www.assquire.com.au
You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
We would be pleased to provide you with any further information regarding the manner in which we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. If you have any queries in this regard, please contact us via the contact details at